ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT, ENDURANCE BIKE JACKET
The Featherlite™ Vélo is indispensable on long cool trail rides, big Alpine tours and city commutes. Featuring rear ‘Afterburner’ vents that help keep your core body temperature stable, the Featherlite™ Vélo is an essential wind and showerproof biking jacket.
Fabrics: PERTEX® Microlight Mini Rip-stop and PEAQ® Air
Colours: Electric blue / graphite, Fluoro yellow / graphite, Red / graphite, Black / graphite, Silver / graphite, White / graphite
Weight: 135g / 4.8oz (Size Medium)
Fit: Active Bike
– PERTEX® Microlight outer that is windproof, fast drying and features a remarkable durable water repellent finish
– French seams throughout for extra strength, quality and weather resistance
– Bike specific active cut with articulated, extra length arms and extended drop tail
– MONTANE® ‘Afterburner’ vented enhanced breathing panels
– Full length, semi-automatic YKK front zip with anti-snag baffle and wind-strip
– Low bulk elasticated cuffs which can be pulled up the forearms to aid cooling
– Elasticated hem to reduce weather entry and heat loss
– 360° ‘DUSK TILL DAWN’ reflective trim including rear view strips
– MONTANE® stuff sac for storage
– As with all MONTANE® clothing PERTEX® fabric contains a Durable Water Repellency (DWR) as the first barrier to keeping you dry. Clean your garment in order to maintain this.
– Machine wash in warm water at 40C/104F with a mild soap. MONTANE® recommends that you use Nikwax Tech Wash.
– DO NOT use fabric softeners or bleach.
– It may be required every 6 months or so to reproof the garment to restore its water repellency.
MONTANE® recommends Nikwax TX Direct
LIGHTWEIGHT ENDURANCE MOUNTAIN GEAR.
Montane® has become synonymous with lightweight and breathable clothing. The first to truly push the limits of single layer mountain clothing with the Extreme Smock and then, later realising the true value of windproof clothing, creating the first super packable, windproof and breathable windshirt; The Featherlite Smock. The Featherlite was probably the most functional and innovative piece of windproof garment design since Fridtjof Nansen whilst planning the first crossing of Greenland over 100 years ago realised that the windproof-ness of garments was the secret to moving quickly and comfortably in the mountains.
The functionality of garments does not stop at clothing design. Fabric technology is critical. Over 10 years ago Montane® was one of the first clothing brands in the world to recognise the true genius of eVent® fabric. With never before seen levels of breathability, eVent® fabrics allowed Montane® to help revolutionise mountaineering and rain shell performance.
In the Terra Pant range Montane® recognised that lightweight should not necessarily mean fragile. The Terra Pants are the personification of 'tough lightweight'. A combination of Tactel that is hyper breathable yet lightweight and Cordura® for mountain robustness. The Terra Pants are tough, so tough that you can tow a car with them.
For over 18 years now Montane® has worked closely with serious mountain professionals working in hostile conditions across the globe as a proving ground for garment design. From the British Antarctic Survey to Langdale Ambleside Mountain Rescue, the busiest Mountain Rescue team in the UK. Professionals who demand tough credentials from their clothing equipment choose Montane®.
Endurance expeditions are critical in the development of our garment designs ensuring Montane® clothing is fit for purpose. They are our reason to be, and critical within our design processes. From unsupported ventures to the North Pole, smash and grab route attempts in Patagonia to high profile scientific work in the high Arctic, all of these help Montane® develop clothing that will withstand the harshest of conditions both physiologically and environmentally.
Where are the contemporary limits of endurance? They are in ultras. Imagine this: you've run 256 miles across the frozen Canadian Yukon. You've experienced consistent -30C and felt the low of -40C, you're cold and alone and you still have 174 miles to go to the finish line....stay focused. In July you've ran 60 miles of toughest trails in the British Lake District, some of the cruelest terrain underfoot in Europe. You've just left the warmth of a friendly checkpoint and as you step out into the cold pouring rain, peer into the darkness and contemplate the terrain ahead, you realise you have 40 miles left until the finish line. From the Montane® Yukon Arctic Ultra to the Montane® Lakeland 100, this is one of the main areas where we believe endurance is being tested to the absolute limit and where Montane® clothing thrives.