LIGHTWEIGHT ENDURANCE BIKING SHELL
Designed for biking in the harshest of conditions where good weather protection is essential in order to maintain your focus. Using PERTEX® Shield this rain shell is waterproof, windproof and has a remarkable durable water repellency. Featuring a laser cut chest pocket, rear stow pocket, 360° ‘DUSK TILL DAWN’ reflectivity and a pack size smaller than a large orange. Its functionality ensures that the Velocity is a classic long distance touring jacket.
Fabric: PERTEX® Shield
Weight: 235g / 8.3oz (Size Medium)
Fit: Classic Bike
– The Velocity is constructed from fully waterproof and breathable PERTEX® Shield, a tear resistant Nylon fabric that features an extremely durable water repellent finish
– Microtaped seams throughout to increase breathable surface area
– Bike specific active cut with articulated, extra length arms and extended drop tail
– Rear neck drawcord to cinch collar and prevent rain entry and core body heat loss
– Soft fleece beardguard around face and mouth for extra comfort
– Laser cut chest pocket for handy essentials
– Zipped rear storage pocket for easy access whilst biking
– Full length YKK two way front zip with internal storm flap and rain drain
– Adjustable cuffs with grab tabs for ease of use with biking gloves
– Adjustable hem to prevent water spray entry and heat loss
– 360° ‘DUSK TILL DAWN’ reflective trim
– As with all MONTANE® clothing PERTEX® fabric contains a Durable Water Repellency (DWR) as the first barrier to keeping you dry. Clean your garment in order to maintain this.
– Machine wash in warm water at 40C/104F with a mild soap. MONTANE® recommends that you use Nikwax Tech Wash.
– DO NOT use fabric softeners or bleach.
– It may be required every 6 months or so to reproof the garment to restore its water repellency.
LIGHTWEIGHT ENDURANCE MOUNTAIN GEAR.
Montane® has become synonymous with lightweight and breathable clothing. The first to truly push the limits of single layer mountain clothing with the Extreme Smock and then, later realising the true value of windproof clothing, creating the first super packable, windproof and breathable windshirt; The Featherlite Smock. The Featherlite was probably the most functional and innovative piece of windproof garment design since Fridtjof Nansen whilst planning the first crossing of Greenland over 100 years ago realised that the windproof-ness of garments was the secret to moving quickly and comfortably in the mountains.
The functionality of garments does not stop at clothing design. Fabric technology is critical. Over 10 years ago Montane® was one of the first clothing brands in the world to recognise the true genius of eVent® fabric. With never before seen levels of breathability, eVent® fabrics allowed Montane® to help revolutionise mountaineering and rain shell performance.
In the Terra Pant range Montane® recognised that lightweight should not necessarily mean fragile. The Terra Pants are the personification of 'tough lightweight'. A combination of Tactel that is hyper breathable yet lightweight and Cordura® for mountain robustness. The Terra Pants are tough, so tough that you can tow a car with them.
For over 18 years now Montane® has worked closely with serious mountain professionals working in hostile conditions across the globe as a proving ground for garment design. From the British Antarctic Survey to Langdale Ambleside Mountain Rescue, the busiest Mountain Rescue team in the UK. Professionals who demand tough credentials from their clothing equipment choose Montane®.
Endurance expeditions are critical in the development of our garment designs ensuring Montane® clothing is fit for purpose. They are our reason to be, and critical within our design processes. From unsupported ventures to the North Pole, smash and grab route attempts in Patagonia to high profile scientific work in the high Arctic, all of these help Montane® develop clothing that will withstand the harshest of conditions both physiologically and environmentally.
Where are the contemporary limits of endurance? They are in ultras. Imagine this: you've run 256 miles across the frozen Canadian Yukon. You've experienced consistent -30C and felt the low of -40C, you're cold and alone and you still have 174 miles to go to the finish line....stay focused. In July you've ran 60 miles of toughest trails in the British Lake District, some of the cruelest terrain underfoot in Europe. You've just left the warmth of a friendly checkpoint and as you step out into the cold pouring rain, peer into the darkness and contemplate the terrain ahead, you realise you have 40 miles left until the finish line. From the Montane® Yukon Arctic Ultra to the Montane® Lakeland 100, this is one of the main areas where we believe endurance is being tested to the absolute limit and where Montane® clothing thrives.